Monday, November 16, 2009

State Rankings!!


Did anyone today see the ranking for the "Top Healthiest States to Live In??" I was so glad to see three of my favorite states are among the top five!! Does it help me out naaaahhh ... I am a New Yorker!! BUT my memories are fond of my favorite states!!


Healthiest are:

1. Vermont (yea!)

2. Utah

3. Mass. (yea!)

4. Hawaii

5. New Hampshire (my favorite!! - from the ocean to the mountains!!)



The BOTTOM FIVE:

46. S. Carolina

47. Louisiana

48. Alabama

49. Oklahoma (hmmmmmm)

50. Mississippi


My home state of New York was 25th! I guess half way there is OK, but I would have prefered the top ten!


The rankings are based on 22 indicators of health, everything from children receiving recommended inoculations, to obesity, smoking rates, cancer deaths, etc.


Do you think its to late to move to New Hampshire??? I can hear Portsmouth, Newburyport, Hampton Beach, New Castle Island, Sugar Hill, calling to me .... come home .... come home ..... *smile*

5 comments:

VV said...

I enjoyed living in New Hampshire and going to school in Vermont. I'd GLADLY relocate if the opportunity arose.

Regina said...

Utah?! Maybe the Mormons DO know a thing or two.

Monogram Queen said...

Oh dear - SC is in the bottom five? Oh well, I am NOT moving!
I still say nothing can be finer than to be in Carolina!

tweetey30 said...

I have never been to any of those states but I will say my husband and I want to go to PA sometime this coming year to see his Grandmother in Carbondale PA..

VV said...

Hey, where you at? Long time no post.