Friday, February 20, 2009

The Great Guinness Toast


This is a picture of my first Guinness on my last trip to ireland!

The Great Guinness Toast, sometimes known as "St. Practice Day", made up of Guinness drinkers across the country trying to break the record for the largest simultaneous toast. Since it's inception in 1993 Pittsburgh, The Great Guinness Toast has consistently grown, and breaks its own record each and every year.

The concept of collectively raising a glass and toasting with the famous black and creamy brew is an attempt to gain entrance into one of Arthur Guinness' other select clubs; The Guinness Book of World Records.

3 comments:

tweetey30 said...

I dont drink acohol but good to know people who do and celebrate the right way.

Monogram Queen said...

I love a good toast but I cannot drink stout. Ack!

YellowRose said...

I have with great restraint refrained from enjoying a Guinness so my first one will be enjoyed in Ireland. I have only a short time to wait now!! It was just one of those things I just "had to do!" lol

And to answer your question regarding the bridal shower and bows....how many bows and ribbons are broken is how many kids they will have! Silly, but can't be to careful! LOL