Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year


Two questions are always on everyone’s mind as the new year comes closer and closer. The first one concerns what we shall all do on New Years’ Eve and the other speaks of what changes we plan to make for the oncoming year. The main objective for the first hassle noted is to get through "The Eve" without pulling the bedcovers over my head. If this means counting champagne glasses until the dawn comes peeping through your windowsill, then so be it. Speaking for myself, I won’t travel because I don’t want to be a statistic and I won’t stay home because it’s too depressing. And so, you ask, what do I do? I compromise by going out but only somewhere close to home and at an early time, the ball drop in New York will be seen from the warm snuggly covers of my bed watching it on TV.

I am nor have I ever been one for making resolutions! But why you ask you foolish knave!! Because failure make me feel worse!! AND WHY does it have to be Jan 1st?? Who’s to say when a new year begins anyway? Why does it have to be January the first? For the Chinese it’s named after some animal I’d rather avoid and falls sometime in February. It really could be any day in the year, couldn’t it? It could be the day I rescued my kitten and gave him a new home, or the day I fell flat on my face and made an ass out of myself, see where I am going with this .... a new day, a new beginning!! Hey it could be March 17th...ST Patricks Day, there are still 365 days to follow! hmmmmm

SOOOOO no resolutions, and no promises and maybe a few more green vegetables. I will watch the ball drop in Times Sqaure from my warm comfy bed, sipping champagne,those are my plans for the new millennium, that is unless you know of a good party to go to *snicker snicker*!!




3 comments:

VV said...

You are so like us! We don't go "out" because of all the drinking and driving. If we go anywhere, it's close by to a friend's house, but since I'm such a morning person, it really is hard for me to stay up until midnight. M usually has to wake me a few minutes before the ball drops. Happy New Year! No resolutions here either, just goals I continue to work toward that weren't started in January or as a resolution anyway.

tshsmom said...

I guess we've just lived long enough to realize that the new year is going to be more of the same. Hopefully "the same" will be a bit better this year.

Patsy said...

I don't go out at all. I'd rather be bored at home. All that going out is for the youngsters. I was one of them!
And as the beautiful ball drops at 11 p.m. my time, I can go to bed. But the idiots shooting off their guns at midnight is a bother. Yet another reason to stay home in the great mid west!!