Sunday, December 13, 2009

Worldwide Candle Lighting is Today



Today is the Worldwide Canlighting for all children that have died to soon. Please remember to light your candles at 7PM in your time zone, as one time zone burns down, another is lit, creating a 24 wave of light around the world.

Today, Dec. 13 in an act of symbolic remembrance for all children.

In Memory of Jodi



Candles flame in darkness,
flicker, steadily glow,
bringing light from shadows
and help to soothe me so.

My daughter, like the candles,
gave my life true light.
I use the candle's beacon
to connect us in the night.

As I light the candles,
my wish and my request
is that she'll see my signal
and know my love's expressed.

As her light joins my lights,
our worlds touch and flame.
As I snuff out the candles,
I softly say her name.


2 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

*sniffle* now that made me cry. What a lovely, lovely thing.

VV said...

That gave me chills. I believe she knows and appreciates being remembered.