Sunday, December 12, 2010

Today is National Children's Memorial Day


Families around the world light candles at 7 p.m. in their corresponding time zones. As candles burn down in one time zone, they are lighted in the next, creating a 24-hour wave of light that encircles the globe. This remembrance ceremony provides the world with lit candles for an entire 24 hour period in order to honor the children we have lost, the children who lived and died, and who, even in death, continue to matter.


I Light This Candle

I light this candle in memory of you,
My life, my child, my heart,
May it shine bright and true,
As you did from the start.

In it's flickering flame I see,
The life we shared together,
The love and wonderful memories,
That I'll carry with me forever.

I light this candle in memory of you,
I look up to the Heavens where you are,
I see the lights of Heaven shining bright too,
But your candle shines brighter than the brightest star.

My child you are still so much a part of me,
Even though you are no longer here,
You live on in my heart where you will always be,
No matter what, I will always keep you there.

On this special night I light this candle for you,
And I hope every one who sees it will know,
How very special you are, how much you are loved and missed too,
And will remember you with me when they see it's golden glow.........

This song was written for my husband and myself byt a dear friend who since writing it also lost a dear child. I wish you could hear him sing this. Here are the words:

Once Upon a Dream
Author: Donal O'Shaughnessy
Copyright: 1998

Once upon a dream I looked out among the stars
and watched a scene of angels playing their guitars
it's you for me and anyone who needs to know
there is a Heaven a better place not far away

and I wonder, as I wander If you hear my prayers for you
and with each passing day I hope you know that I still love you Once upon this life You ran away, a passing glance
My toil, my strife Is eased a bit to know you dance
it's you for me and anyone who needs to know
there is a Heaven a gift for you that has been given

And I wonder, as I wander even though you live above
with each passing day I hope you know I feel your love

Once upon this night I'll light a candle, though it's far
to pass through the nightTo meet the light that is your star
and you and I can meet again among the clouds
until we meet in Heaven a dwelling place eternally

And I wonder, as I wander if your purpose in this life
was to light my way to guarantee we'll meet in Heaven ...

guarantee we'll meet in Heaven






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:(

Anonymous said...

bless all our children,,,near and far....we know the pain and the joy....and the love....

OldLady Of The Hills said...

My heart goes out to you, my dear Maeve....Bless your dear child and all the other dear dear children now in Heaven.