Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Christmas!

OK folks I have a whole new blog I have written but I am NOT good yet on picture posts so I am again starting off a wee bit small, and saving that for tomorrow?? I have gotten some great ideas from a few new follows and I THANK YOU!!

So tonight I went to a Christmas party and after a few wines I thought NOT to post LOTS of pictures ... so I am going easy tonight!

Christmas Eve 2007 we went to Ireland. So many things are different there at the holidays. For one the WHOLE country basically shuts down for over a week, hotels, gas stations, restaurants, everything! So make sure to have some sandwiches packed and plenty of Petro.

AND everyone takes a dip in the Irish sea on Christmas day ... the pics are blurring due to chill but you still have to see them!!
We flew into Shannon and I loved their "elaborate" Christmas display, I have enclosed a picture (you have to click on the picture for a close up)... lets not even talk about the music. BUT I thought it was most likely a display as our folks would have seen in 1940. Also in Ireland they never say MERRY Christmas, it is always HAPPY Christmas.

So before I mess this all up due to Christmas party wine I will keep it short!

Thanks for staying with me in this rough start!! I LUV IT!

5 comments:

BrucMac said...

Merry Christmas,
You are crazy people, but, fun none the less
Bruc

VV said...

Um, no, you wouldn't find me jumping in the Irish Sea in December. Nice pix though. :-)

Monogram Queen said...

I love your sharing your irish christmas with us! I always wanted to go to Great Britain!

Ming the Merciless said...

Are they the Polar Bears? It's an organization where (usually) old people go for a swim in the freezing ocean during New Year's Day.

It's like a tradition here in NYC.

YellowRose said...

Happy Christmas! Not sure if I would take the dip though! ;) Hubby and I are headed to Ireland in May!! Would love to be there for Christmas!