Wednesday, March 4, 2009


Dia duit. (jeea ditch)
Good day/Hello

Sorry I have not been “Into The Blog!”


Between work, Drum lessons, and parade day just days away (Saturday) my evenings have been full of “what have I missed, what have I forgotten, do I need to do this, or that, do I have enough of this or that.” Yup, that is how I am as the “high holy day” fast approaches. After doing the bulk of pre-parade day tasks the past eight years, it is hard to just sit back and let my Core Team “have at it!!!!”

You have to realize that this is my “Superbowl Sunday”!!! This is one day a year I soooo look forward to. Hanging with friends who come in from out of town that I have not seen in months, sharing in the camaraderie of 120 happy, exuberant, over zealous kazooers!!! And may I add drummers!! Drinking a Guinness or two, listening to the many pipe bands marching and just plain enjoying the day’s festivities!!

I will take lots of pics and see if I can get someone to do a video clip of us so I can share it with those of you who can stand the sound of 120 kazoos!!

Keep the faith … I shall return …


I leave you with this Irish Blessing:
Always remember to forget
the things that made you sad.
But never forget to remember
the things that made you glad.
Always remember to forget
the friends that proved untrue.
But never forget to remember
those that have stuck by you.
Always remember to forget
the troubles that passed away.
But never forget to remember
the blessings that come each day.

Slán go fóill (shlahn goh foihl)
Goodbye for now

5 comments:

VV said...

My life has been similarly busy but because of politics. Drumming definitely sounds like more fun than campaigning in freezing rain and 12 degree temperatures. Ugh!

Monogram Queen said...

Totally understandable! I can't wait to celebrate next week-end!

tweetey30 said...

Glad to hear you are looking forward to this and I would love to hear 120 Kazooers playing. That would be so awsome.. I have been busy trying ot keep my house clean and working. So off to do a few things before bed.

tshsmom said...

I'll be thinking of you on "your" day. HAVE FUN!!

YellowRose said...

Enjoy a pint (or two) I can't wait to see the photos!!