Thursday, April 30, 2009

New Babies Born!

I received an link from a friend that directed me to one of those "Nature Cams" ... some are pretty neat, but most are really boring. So I decided to take a look and just see what this has to offer. Guess what, I am HOOKED!

To "backtrack" a bit ... while in British Columbia last year we went to Vicotira, then drove up to Sidney and caught a ferry over to Vancouver. While we were staying on the San Juan Islands off the coast I saw my first majestic eagle! I was in total awe!


So back to this "Nature Cam" ... it is located in Sidney, British Columbia in the nest of a pair of eagles who have had three eaglettes! I have been watching their growth, their award stumbles, their first sneeze (that's what it looked like to me), and watching mom and dad both bring, fish and other small creatures back to the nest to feed their young ... totally amazing. You can hear the chicks talking to their parents and the parents making clucking noises back and also to each other. I worry if they get to far out of their "nest bowl" that they will fall out!

Lette 1 is the stronger by far and takes most of the food, he gets around pretty good, Lette 2 is fair is size and also moves around a fair amount, Lette 3 has a bit of the "ugly duckly" look ... or should I say ugly Lette Look!! I worry about Lette 3like a mother bird! I come home from work and have to go check my cam, I watch TV with the cam on in the back ground so I can check on them, in the morning I try to see them before I leave for work, but the sun is not always up yet on the west coast ... call me addicted! :-)

So here are some cam shots of the family ... I have attached a link below also to the nest. Be sure to keep and eye on my baby Lettes while I am at work!! I need a life! hahahahaha

OK Here are Mom and Dad


Here is mom with Lette 1 and Lette 2



Mom looking after her babies


Here are the kids!!


I hope you can open this link ... I am not sure if I am doing this right! But if you can ... enjoy the these majestic animals!!

2 comments:

none said...

That is awesome!

Great find.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Ever since you sent me this link, I too have been watchging them...It is utterly fascinating.
Last year when I was watching a Hawk nest here--juswt with my still camera, I noticed that they had three babies and I could be wrong, but I think the order they are born makes the difference in how rget seem to us. #3 is always the slowest because in truth, he is the youngest....!
It is really miraculous to seethem this close and watch what they do.
One time, one of the parents was feeding just one of the babies...As if to make sure that he or she got their fair share...