Thursday, March 25, 2010

NCAA Syracuse and Cornell


Two big games tonight for us "Upstate, New Yorkers"




First at 7:07 (hmmm why the crazy time??) is the Syracuse University/Butler game. Syracuse is one of my favorite towns upstate and one that I visit often!! From the great Irish Pubs and festivals, to the State Fair you can't help but love Syracuse! It is also the only place in America where the street light is upside down (Tipperary Hill.) (see pic below)



Then at 9:57 is the Big Red game of
Cornell University/Kentucky!!






Cornell is located at the base of Cayuga Lake in the town of Ithaca, which is another favorite town of mine. Ithaca is know for its gorges, waterfalls, and old Victorian homes, a beautiful lake, and an upbeat town. It is also the first town on any good wine quest tour, no matter if you go up the east or west side of the lake you will find some interesting places to stop and sample some great wines!!

Go Syracuse and Cornell!!!

I will be keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed for you tonight!!!
GO TEAMS!!!!

2 comments:

VV said...

We just got back from the Sports Bar to have dinner with a group of friends and watch the games. M is now watching from home. I'm out of it because I picked Kansas to win it all in our pool. *sigh*

tweetey30 said...

LOL. Happy games and hope your teams won that you had bets going... I dont watch Basketball...