Thursday, April 8, 2010

Catering

Well the "high Holy season" or should I say seasons are now over. That would be St. Patrick's Day Month and Easter. Now I need to focus, focus, focus on my next venture! I am catering an event this Saturday night for over 100 people. OH NO!!! What am I nuts!!!

Well I have done very large graduations parties, three in fact, and they have all seemed to go well. This however is a true catering job with all the big old heated chaffing dishes (which I am renting), five hot entrees, two salads, rolls, you know the catering kind of thing!! Today I am thinking, why did I offer to do this .... then I remember, it is for that funny green stuff that you can use to pay bills!

So I have spent hours researching my menu and what items to serve. Hot or cold, vegetarian, chicken,and meat dishes, desert (??) .... NAH, this is a drinking crowd no desert. I have compiled a shopping list (WOW) and I am on my way to the bulk food store! I wonder if they sell aprons too!!??

OK so here is my plan, trying to think of everyone tastes!! A Mexican entree and salad ~Chili with a Black bean, Corn, Orzo salad with lime dressing vinaigrette, (next to that a crock pot of hot dogs for those who want to have fun and make a chili dog later in the night) ... Then a large pan of sausage, peppers and onions, roasted in a combination of beer and apple juice with a side Pasta salad ... Also to go with the Pasta Salad with be a pan of Baked Zita with meatballs. The for my chicken dish I am making California chicken with apricots, 1/4 pcs of chicken roasted in a concentrate of OJ, apricot syrup, chicken bullion, soy sauce, and scallions. For my Potato Dish I am going simple with a Hash brown and cheddar cheese roasted casserole. DAM I hope this works!!


I will take pics ... Keep you fingers crossed for me, I will be in the kitchen the next two days!! hmmmm should I put a sign out that says catering by Maeve's Madness!! hehehehe

Posted after the party!
It was huge success!!! Everyone loved the food!!

5 comments:

VV said...

I am an incredibly picky eater because of food allergies, so my idea of a menu is pretty basic, is there anything I can eat? You have enough variety there that even I can eat something. Miraculous!

Regina said...

yeah! Go Mom! Can't wait to hear how it turns out.

Anonymous said...

Ok, girl and ready set go. Your a great cook to begin with, and a planner, so be sure to post photo's Am sure it will turn out fantastic.
Might I suggest a Locally grown Spinach Salad with pcs of baby swiss, carrots, chick peas, madrin oranges, some fresh strawberry slices, with a lite poppy seed dressing. ANd I know just where you can get organiclly grown spinach less than 10 miles from your house. :) Like how I worked that in. Good Luck!
p

maeve said...

It was huge success!!! Everyone loved the food!!

Patsy said...

We're waiting for the photos!