Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Nice Fall Walk


OK am I boring you yet with fall pictures?? I took a long walk today up near the golf course, and up and down the hills! I need to get past the 30lb loss freeze I have been on for two months!! SOOO seeing that I had my trusty point and shoot in my pocket, I captured these shots. I made it back up the hill only stopping once, to avoid heart failure!! Hope you enjoy! OH and the spider in the picture at end showed up when I was cutting back the summer flowers - after the walk. I had way to much energy today! (click on Pictures to enlarge)

This is the old IBM Country Club or The Homstead as they called it, now it is called Traditions at The Glen. Nice to see them keep this place up!

Heading down over the hill to the bottom of the golf course




I just LOVE how the sky came out in this picture, the the sun was in and out with all the clouds moving, it was really a nice day! I loved the look of this lone red tree in the distance...so on my walk back I hot some closer pictures.


Looking up a tree!





arachnophobia anyoone?

5 comments:

VV said...

Amazing pictures! The one with the lone red tree could be a painting. It's nicely balanced and has good contrast. I clicked on it to make it larger and noticed some really striking shadows at play there. The sun is bright enough on one side of the trees that it leaves the opposite side of the trees in very dramatic shadow for being in broad daylight. Could I get an electronic copy of this? I would never claim it as my own, but I'd love to play with it on Photoshop, then blow it up for a dramatic picture in my house. I also love the photo of the spider. M can't stand spiders and didn't even want to look at this shot, but again, this is beautiful. You captured so much detail and simplicity in one shot. Excellent job!

VV said...

Now that I look back over them again, the 3rd and 4th pictures from the bottom are also pretty spectacular. Good eye!

Patsy said...

Great photos. From both trips. Walking and taking photos will help you..But you have to skip the homemade donuts and cider!

Anonymous said...

Very Nice. But really liked the detail of the spider. Very cool.
And you walked that hill. Boy you do have some ambition. Hoped the walk helped, get out of being stuck.. No more homemade donuts...
p

Regina said...

Nice you are getting out and walking like that. Soon you'll be running! ;)