Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Beautiful Seaside Church


While cruisin' the coast of Maine we came across this beautiful church built in 1887 in Kennebunkport, Maine. Little did I know at the time, this tiny church held so much history in the Bush family...as I have never been a "Bush" lover ... although Babs was pretty cool! Anyway...we were heading up the coast and came across this beautiful stone seaside chapel and we were just so taken by it beauty. So I thought I would share a few pcitures. (click on photo to enlarge)



Amazing structure




wonderful stained glass windows







OK and the photos you all have been waiting for(not)Walker Point ... summer home to GWB!

4 comments:

VV said...

Oh wow! Gorgeous! I love stone and wood together in buildings. Love that view too! I miss Maine, I miss Vermont, hell, I miss all of New England. *sniff, sniff*

Monogram Queen said...

LOVE that church..... no comment on the Bush connection though :P

well.. except to say that the only thing Bar and I have in common are a love of real pearls.

tweetey30 said...

Amazing photo's. These are just a wow factor in life. Thanks for sharing..

OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a BEAUTIFUL Church that is....And the Stained Glass Windows...Absolutely Gorgeous....Thanks for sharing this lovely special Church with all of us!