Tuesday, May 19, 2009

No Happy Pictures Today!

One moment I am cruising along in life and the next moment my peaceful existence is shattered - just like a car crash. It caught me off guard, just like a car wreck that would catch you off guard and violently shake you, leaving you disoriented, angry, hurt and asking questions like why me?? Why was I chosen to be laid off.

I will have nowhere to go now each day and that seems strange after 27 years. I thought I would be OK with that at this stage in my life, but I realize I am not ready to retire yet ... AND since I will not longer have a paycheck, or health insurance, my life will surly change.

I think I am still reeling in a state of shock, kinda feeling numb and just trying to make it through today.

I would not sign any papers today, and they want me to continue to work another 90 days. Now I have to follow the rules and be a good girl for 90 days to get a severance check.

Right now my life is feeling very traumatic.

Lord know I have been through the worst day of my life when my daughter died, and I have learned to grieve and give myself time, so today, as Day 1, I guess I will need start working on my grieving process once again, to mourn the loss of my job.

I know that setbacks and disappointments are just a part of life, and one needs to move on to bigger and better challenges, but come on ... cut me a break!

Here is what was just posted in our local Paper:
Lockheed Martin issues memo on copter project:
Lockheed Martin said it remains unable to provide more details concerning its 225- employee job-cut plan and other possible work-force reductions at its plant in response to cuts in the proposed federal defense budget for fiscal 2010.

In an internal memo issued to employees Friday and obtained by the Press & Sun-Bulletin, President Marillyn Hewson said company officials are "carefully working through our final critical skills assessment ... and are nearing notification of affected employees."
Lockheed in Owego employs about 4,000 people, including roughly 800 who work on the presidential helicopter program. The Pentagon issued a stop-work order on that program Friday.

THEN I found this and it made me laugh ........ at least for now!!
http://www.oddtodd.com/index2.html

4 comments:

none said...

Damn I'm so sorry to hear this.

I'm glad that you have 90 days and a severance...is there a retirement plan?

OldLady Of The Hills said...

So sorry about your being "laid off"...THAT REALLY SUCKS!
I must say that Video is very funny...So clever, and at least you had a tiny bit of lightness for a moment.
Gee...I hope you get through this okay, my dear....!

Monogram Queen said...

Wishing you the best... this truly sucks.

tshsmom said...

That just plain sucks!!
Losing my job is one of my worst nightmares.
Keep blogging and we'll all be your moral support. (((HUGS)))