Sunday, January 4, 2009

New York City ~ Jan 4

We were off to Times Square and to see the tree. Some of the old mosaics still can be found in many of the stations (click on pic to get a close up). Here is the hub-muffin waiting for a train, it was very quiet for christmas eve. The city is just amazing, deversity is all around you, the excitment, the people, the lights, etc.The we came upon these wonderful decorations. div>
>>>

Then onto Radio City Music Hall where everyone has been once or wants to go once. We have a family friend that was a Rockette, as glam as it looks these girls work grueling hours.

Then ONTO the tree In Rockfellar Center.








More to come ............

3 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Wow I love the pics! Living vicariously through you Maeve because I doubt i'll ever get my southern born-bred hub to NYC!

VV said...

M and I went to NYC just after Christmas and just before New Year's Eve a couple years back. We went most of the same places and have many of the same pix. Cool.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Nothing like New York at Christmastime...!
You know I grew up just outside of the city and spent the first almost 30 years of my life in the City and involved in all sorts of Creative endevors....And later, I spent time on Broadway and spent a number of Christmasses in and around Manhattan....!
Radio City Music Hall was a "regular" place we went to The Movies when I was growing up....AND, to answer your question, I havbe indeed, been to The Rainbow Room.....not for a long time now...But 'back in the day'....!
Like I said....there is no place like New York City, and especially at Christmas!