Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tuesday Jan 13th ~ Don't Count Me Out Yet!

As it says in the heading ... Don't count me out yet!! It has been a very stressful two weeks, lots of OT at work and when I get home all I want is a glass of wine and my pillow! LOL So just to hold you over until I get a wee bit more time I thought I would post a few pictures I took in ireland ... you know me ... love all that is irish ... even my hubb-muffin ... OH that's right he's Polish!

This is lovely Adare,reputed to be the prettiest village in Ireland, the enchanting land of thatched and whitewashed cottages.


Onto Dingle Peninsula, where the sheep are the only road blocks and the land is some of the prettiest you will ever see!! My favorite place in the world!!

Beautiful land ...






This photo is not retouched, we came upon the old castle and the sky was amazing! You can click on Pics to zoom in as I took them with high resolution.



These pictures were taken during christmas ... look how green things still are, that is why they call Ireland the 40 shades of green!












OK This is Inch Beach, also untouched photo, exactly how it looked! Wonderful!

Another fotgotten mini-castle.















This is The Rock of Cashel, also know as Cashel of the Kings and St. Patrick's Rock. The Rock of Cashel served as the traditional seat of the Kings of Munster for several hundred years. The majority of buildings on the current site date from the 12th and 13th centuries. It is very impressive and a must see if you go to Ireland. This picture does not do it justice!



If you ever watched BallyKiss Angel on your PBS station you will remember this place, it is the town oa Avoca where they filmed the production and Fitzgeralds Pub was the main haunt!


Here is the little town




Another favorite place is the Wiclow Mts. This Glendalough, and home to a 10th century Round Tower. I was humbled by the history.

OK ONE MORE!! I KNOW I can hear you all ENOUGH ALREADY!! LOL Sometime I will do a Blog just on Dublin, these pics only give you a wee bit of what Ireland is like. I leave you at sunset on a mountain top cemetery with a full moon shinning down on us (peeking through the celtic cross.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mar, very nice pic's. when I first looked this morn, did not see yesterdays post. But reopened after you said something, and there it was. Very nice. And at least your doing it. p

tshsmom said...

Amazing photos!
I love European history, so I'd have a blast over there. Can't wait to read more stories of your trip. ;)

BrucMac said...

Beautiful pictures...

OldLady Of The Hills said...

BEAUTIFUL Pictures, of a Very Beautiful Country! It is always a joy to to see pictures taken by someone who was actually there and therefor we get to see THEIR point of view!
Thanks for this little tour!

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Loved it there myself.

Monogram Queen said...

I just can't imagine living in a stone castle... it just amazes me. Those are gorgeous pictures! I especially have an affinity for cemetary pics and you have not disappointed!